Hart B. Moss, M.D.
Dr. Moss has been in practice since 2013 and has a special interest in corneal disease and surgery, complex cataract surgery and refractive surgery.
Professional Office Addresses:
2500 W. Layton Avenue, Suite 110
Milwaukee, WI 53221
Fax (414) 281-0959
6020 S. Packard Avenue
Cudahy, WI 53110
Fax (414) 769-8772
6080 S. 108th Street
Hales Corners, WI 53130
Fax (414) 425-4015
14555 West National Avenue, Suite 130
New Berlin, WI 53151
(262) 784-3937 (784-EYES)
Fax (262) 784-3834
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
2009-2012 (Chief Resident 2011-2012)
Fellowship (Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery)
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Board Certification and Licensure
State of Wisconsin medicine and surgery – 2013
2011 OKAP score – 98th percentile
2012 American board of Ophthalmology Written qualifying exam – 92nd percentile
American Academy of Ophthalmology
International Society of Refractive Surgery
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Publications / Research
- Wang L, Moss, HB, Ventura BV, Padilha H, Hester CC, Koch DD. “Advances in refractive surgery.” Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology, 2013
- Moss HB, Hamill MB. “Refractive effect of Descemet’s membrane automated endothelial keratoplasty.” Presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery meeting, 2013
- Moss HB, Koch DD. “Cataract surgery in the setting of nanophthalmos.” EyeWorld, 2012.
- Moss HB, Fowler WC, Schell WA, Perfect JR, Zedek DC. “Dematiaceous fungi mimicking a conjunctival melanoma.” Journal of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2012.
- Moss HB, Wrzosek J, Cohen KL. “Intraocular lens power adjustments for sulcus placed vs. optic captured IOLs.” Resident’s day research project 2012.
- Moss HB, Say E, Miller ME, Chavala S. “Ganciclovir-resistant CMV retinitis in a patient with wild-type plasma CMV.” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2012
- Moss HB, Esquejo-Leon RL, Meredith TA. “Vitreous base avulsion.” Blink image of the month, March 2012. EyeNet Magazine, AAO.
- Moss HB, Meyer JJ, Cohen KL. “Anterior chamber depth pre and post cycloplegia.” Presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery meeting, 2012.
- Moss, HB, Kon Jara VA, Slakter JS, Brucker AJ, Rabb MF, Landers MB. “Clinical features of unilateral hemorrhagic retinopathy: a new retinal entity?” Presented at ARVO, 2012
- Moss HB, Sines DT, Blatt J, Proia AD, Dutton JDD. “Epithelioid hemangioma responsive to oral propranolol.” Journal of Ophthalmic and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, 2011.
- Meyer JJ, Moss HB, Cohen KL. “Astigmatism following 2 IOL injection techniques: wound-assisted vs. wound-directed.” Presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery meeting, 2011. * Awarded one of 2 posters of interest, intraocular surgery category, out of 130 posters
- Moss HB. “Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis.” Quest of the week, ORBIS website, 2010.
- Moss HB. “Best Disease.” EyeWiki website, AAO, 2010
- Aschbrenner MW, Moss HB, Cohen, KL, Baca RL. “Cycloplegic anterior chamber depth measurements using anterior segment optic coherence tomography.” Presented at ARVO 2009.
Honors and Awards
Selected as chief resident at University of North Carolina for 2011-2012.
Received University of North Carolina department of ophthalmology resident research award 2011
Named to Dean’s list 5 semesters and graduated with honors.
Listed in "America's Top Ophthalmologists" 2015
Spanish – limited conversational / medical